I know it's your prerogative to diminish other vendors, but in the event that wasn't just a snarky, rhetorical question: I expect to get what I had gotten for about the same price as before. Undoubtedly your stocks are better than Boyds', I have no firsthand knowledge of your Axis stock but SSS's products and services are beyond reproach here. Still, until recently, Boyds produced a pretty good, functional stock that could be made into an even better stock with a relatively small amount of effort. Even if I were to consider each hour I spent doing the basic tweaking my Boyds stocks in terms of my hourly rate at work, I would still spend less on a Boyds stock than I would on an SSS Axis ProHunter stock (assuming I would have to do no work on the ProHunter).

It would seem that this new plastic piece may push the cost-benefit balance in SSS's favor. I can't discount the possibility that another replacement stock may come to market that would offset this change, but if I were to pick a company that could do so, it would have been Boyds.