Thread: Plan for F/TR, newb needs help please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LongRange
    i think he is kinda set on the LPR which isnt offered in 308.

VALKRIDER...just a little more for you to think about...you can build a riffle for about the same price as the LRP...i didnt do a bunch of research but it looks like the LRP goes for about $1200 so depending on what stock you choose if you built a riffle it would be about the same price maybe a little more. i built a 260 the first part of this year and minus scope,base and rings it came in right at $1420-$1450 specs..

savage target action
    NSS lug and nut
    28" shilen select match
    bell carlson A-5 fully adjustable stock...

if you have the money id suggest building over buying as it will save you time and money in the long run. if on a budget then go with your original plan of buying and selling off parts to help off set the cost. reason i say it will save you time and money is that after you shoot a match or two your going to most likely want to change the stock...then next youll want to bed the action...it never ends LOL!! as far as truing the action...IMHO just buy a glades armory bolt handle and shoot it it will loosen up...i was on the February list with SSS to have my action done and canceled after installing and using the GA bolt handle as the added leverage was enough to cycle my bolt with 1 finger and not loose sight of my target...also before spending all that money on a front rest id suggest you shoot off a harris bipod you might be perfectly happy with it over an expensive rest...just teach yourself how to load it as your shooting...im by no means an expert on F-class shooting(or any shooting as far as that goes) as ive only shot one 600yd F-class match(last match of this year) but i did shoot a 567 in that match and took first place in F-open and expect to do much better next season.

im going to get grilled for this one but you could save a few more bucks and go with a remington action if you build...i believe bruno's has remmy actions for $499 then you could build a rem/age...NSS has CBI barrels lugs and nuts...just a thought.
    Last edited by LongRange; 12-30-2014 at 03:21 PM.