Quote Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
For standard dies they run circles around rcbs or redding.
I actually sold off almost all my green boxed dies and replaced them with hornady, for the money you can not beet them.
I also particularly appreciate there:
: tapered expander
: replacement decapping pin that is included with each set
: ability to accept a simple micrometer adapter to any of there seating dies
: the drop sleeve of there seating dies
Much like rifles, modular systems do not seam like a useful feature for dies.............. until you learn how to use them, then it's hard to do without.
The 6.5 is a great upgrade to the 308 no matter how you go about it but there will always be some advantage to building, a slightly different stock or a hand lapped barrel, even just a slightly longer or shorter barrel than standard can completely change the balance and handling.
On the other hand if the factory produces one in the configuration you would build anyway: nothing bad about factory. Most factory savage can still shoot better than there owner with just a little clean up and proper torque applied in the proper places.
P.S. I never lost sleep over the barrel nut but would not assemble or re-assemble a barrel to action without a "good" recoil lug. I never reuse the factory lug.
sounds good I think I'll get a set ordered.

For an average shooter is there much noticeable difference between criterion, mcgowen, or shilen? I havent called NSS yet to see about his wait times, but I like the fact that McGowens ship within a week.