I took the brake off because of the dirt blast shooting prone at the range in the video. If you take yours off, expect a shift in zero but no difference in group size. And no blow back of grass, rocks, and dirt when shooting prone. I love the XLR chassis and the Bushnell 5-21 scope. Overall, a very good setup for me. But I had excellent results out to 300 yards with a 2-8x Nikon scope off of an AR and the factory Accustock. I just couldn't get the pull and the cheek weld right with the Accustock, thus the XLR.

I am primarily a pistol shooter, usually local club bullseye matches. Here is a video of a 200 yard session with a CZ P-09 that kind of put the rifle shooting in perspective for me. At 200 yards with a pistol or a rifle, the group size is dependent upon placing the sight in exactly the same spot for each shot, and then not moving the gun while pulling the trigger. In other words, the 200 yard group size is pretty much limited by how well I can see the dot relative to the aim point. I've shot the pistol at 200 yards three times, and this is the best session, although I haven't had any groups larger than 12" or so.

http://youtu.be/6s-tf4_rxfk

I am looking forward to shooting the long gun at 500 meters next week, especially after shooting the pistol at 100 and 200 over the last couple of weeks.

Joe