All of the above advise is sound for sure, that being said I would check out your scope. I'm assuming it has target turrets on it. I had trouble with 4 different Crossfire scopes with those turrets on them. First and second were 4-12 Crossfires with target turrets, the third was 6-24x50 and the last was the 8-32x50. All 4 shot fine at first but after 10-20 round either the elevation turret or the windage turret(depending on which scope) would move anywhere from 1 to 5 clicks on each shot. With the first scope it took me awhile to figure out what was happening but once I did I kept an eye on the turrets after each shot with each of the scopes. Needless to say I went through quite a bit of ammo and a lot of frustration throughout the whole fiasco but the customer service was excellent. I started out buying a 4-12x40 crossfire and until everything was said and done I ended up with a 6.5-20x44mm Viper for and additional 50$. They took care of me very well and after each time I called with the same problem offered to upgrade the scope for free or for an additional amount of money depending on the scope I wanted to upgrade to. After the 4'th scope they told me they would give me a Viper for 50$ so I snatched up the deal and have been very happy since. In the end I ended up paying about 160$(price of the original 4-12 plus 50$) for a 6.5-20x44 Viper plus the cost of the reloading components for 50 or 60 rounds.