I received the new mainspring today. And much to my surprise, there were 5 springs in the package. Very nice. I had to trim a little off of one to get it to the correct length. Custom fit. Took it to the range.
The awesome news: SHE'S A SHOOTER!! WOOHOO!! I hit steel 6 out of 10 shots at 50 yards.
The not so awesome news: It self ejected the casing 4 out of 10 shots.
Not sure why but the breech would drop and open allowing the spent case to fly out of the chamber and tag me on the forehead.
Now it didn't occur to me until I was on my way home that in that container, I have about 4 different brands of ammo. Some are old Remington, some newer CCI, some Winchester, and some unknown hollow points.
I would like nothing more than to use this rifle to teach my grandson how to shoot, but I can't have it pinging casings off his forehead. I think the next time out I will pay better attention to how each type of ammo behaves in this little rifle. See if she is just finicky about what she is fed.
One question....The barrel says it's chambered for .22 lr, does anybody see a problem shooting shorts out of it?