Thought i'd share my experience this week. I have a savage build based on a model 11 action, in 300 wsm, mounted in a choate tactical stock with a 24" brux bull barrel.

I have been shooting great groups with Bergers 185 gr juggernaut otm's. Worked great for ground hogs. Decided to take it deer hunting this year. I was concerned with the match tactical hybrid bullet design. After some research a few ppl say they have had good success with bergers on game.

Well i had a small buck come out at about 60 yards and i let one go, just behind shoulder and around 1/4 the way up the body from bottom.

Deer ran 50 yards and collapsed. Upon inspection i see no blood. No visible entrance wound, hidden in the fur. Flipped deer over i see tiny red blood mark. Move fur back and see exit hole, appeared to be no larger than 35-375 caliber. Basically the bullet zipped right thru like a solid. I hit no rib bones. Bullet did not expand but shot placement was excellent for kill shot.

Needless to say, i will not be using these for hunting deer. Or atleast only going to shoot when i have a clear shot so i can pinpoint bullet placement for kill shot. But lack of external wound leaving no blood is a concern even tho most deer i shoot do not run far. Think i'll use a ballistic tip nosler or similar next time

Even the big speer 270 grain 376 steyr loads i have expanded on a lung shot. These berger juggys are just to thick and not designed to expand