Quote Originally Posted by Bigeclipse View Post
I may give it a shot. My current load with the 160 accubonds is giving me ~2950FPS and one ragged hole at 100 yards. I have only tested it out to 300 yards so far and all my groups were under an inch. The goal for this rifle is 500 yards. The accubonds should still perform well with my given velocities at that distance. For 500 yard gun, 1 MOA is really all that is necessary for large game which was the original goal, but I was surprised to see it shooting so well with the accubonds. I have a remington 700 mountain SS that does not shoot so well. It is just around 1 MOA on a good day. I am highly considering re-barreling that as well but I dont know any gun smiths around where I am so I would have to send it out.
Nice shooting. There are a lot of competent smiths that would do the barrel work so sending it out isn't a big deal. 700's are one gun that benefit from bedding and truing up the action. You might check the barrel on your Rem and make sure its free floated. It will make a difference, especially on that short barrel. I have a CDL in 257 WBY and the barrel was setting on the stock in two different spots. I changed it to a Bobby Hart laminate with the bedding block and it dropped right in with a perfect float. Haven't shot it yet though. :)