I've had a couple of Savage actions that ran fairly smooth out of the gate and a few that had some gravel in them.

Have tried smoothing/polishing the cocking ramp etc, lift bolt kits, longer/oversize bolt handles, a T&T by Stockade, a T&T by Sharp Shooter Supply, and various combinations of the above.

FWIW-

Most, if not all of these are going to be hit or miss. Savage makes a great product at a great price but they are massed produced assemblies and tolerance stack ups do occur. The most accurate, effective Savage rifle probably wont be as silky smooth as an aftermarket alternative.

The bolt lift kits seemed pretty ineffective for me, didn't notice a difference at all.

Smoothing/polishing the bolt body/ramp/etc- same.

Stockade T&T- Had this done on a 200 LA and was kind of surprised by the results. I didn't notice a marked improvement on the bolt lift "feel" but when I contacted Kevin Rayhill about it he mentioned that that was never a selling point for his work. And if you look through his posts that's true, he only talks about accuracy, not "bolt lift feel". Was the action accurate-yes- very much so. "easier" "smoother" bolt lift" - not really.

SSS T&T- seemed a little "smoother", a little "lighter". No actual data for this just an impression. Any accuracy difference? No idea, seems pretty standard.