I had what appeared to be a little bit of some kind of white grease looking stuff around the edges of the lens- some kind of sealant maybe? Anyway, it popped into my head that "Dawn cuts grease!" which it most definitely does. It also removes the pretty purple lens coating that gave my scope such a clear, bright view, and left it just a murky milky colored mess. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It was in early September, with deer season opening here about a month later. I called them and explained, like you offering to pay to get it fixed. They told me to send it in, and they'd take care of it. I also had another Burris that I wanted target turrets installed on, so I sent it in too. Had both back before the end of the month, with only a nominal charge for the turret job. Great customer service. I've been scared to touch any scope objective lens, ever since. I pretty much just blow them off with a very low pressure blast of compressed air now. The coatings on the Fullfield 2's do seem very fragile to me. That's my only gripe about those scopes. Otherwise a great value.