Seen a guy shooting handguns at the range once. I was facing at the rifle target shooting groups back towards the pistol range, they pulled up seemed like nice folks after ensuring they had their "ears" in I proceeded shoot wait 5mins shoot. Once they were all set up (man and a women) I noticed he'd grabbed his targets I cleared my weapon and politely waved him to the targets as I took a break. He acknowledged and went down range.
He came back gave me the thumbs up while me and my shooting buddy were sharing BS. Back behind the rifle I go to finish my testing. I fired the first round and as I was filing my brass and grabbing another loaded cartridge I hear bang, bang.......bang-ding!* SON-of A :$;@:' I think I just shot myself.... My shooting buddy and I look at each other with the WTH face, clear my weapon and go to his aid... Sure enough jacketed hollow points out of a handgun at 30yards at a flat steel target no good. He caught the shrapnel didn't hit anything significant. After finding out he was ok they decided to leave we stayed finished out shooting. If he hadn't of left we most definetely would have. I explained to him the 25 signs and the ill effects of jacketed bullets on flat steel. "I'm not saying harm the unsmart, I'm just saying we need to remove all warning labels and let things work themselves out for a while"