I am not the most familiar person when it comes to these savage rifles as I am fairly new myself. With that said, I had the same problem as you. A friend who is very familiar with these rifles recommended that I change the piece of piano wire that holds the sear on the trigger with a thinner piece. I went to Home Depot and bought a thinner piece, bent it with pliers to match the same contour, and installed it in place of the other piece. My trigger is much better now and cost me less than 5 dollars.

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in with their experiences but this was a great upgrade for almost no money. I still have a little creep but the trigger pull is much better. I can take pictures later but it is I'll be a week or so as I am off to elk hunt first thing tomorrow with my 7rem mag.

My understanding is that this applies to the non Accutrigger only. I don't know if this is some thing you want to try and I hope someone smarter than me chimes in but I am very happy with this upgrade.