Quote Originally Posted by DzNutz View Post
I do exactly that. for the 100 yard discs POA is the small center orange circle and for the 300 yard dirty bird it was the orange center for both groups. 300 yard Group #1, bottom right, was better precision but off in accuracy because of weather. The gusts were pretty brutal and were swirling around the berm area pretty bad. I went 3/4 MOA left and 3/4 MOA up to get group #2. I could have given it 1/4 more on the up I think. I also realize that because I shoot from a bipod and a rear sand sock, personal preference, I am having slight variances each shot that require more fine tuning of things like my breathing and muscle tension. I am working on a lot of these things and also cool time in between shots. I suppose if I clamped her in a bench vise I could have more repeatable precision, I am just not a fan of that style of shooting.
that is perfect because I am not a bench rest guy and shoot off a bipod and a welding glove...I think ANYONE can lock a riffle down or put them in bags and shoot a perfect group but real skill comes in when your shooting from different positions...prone,standing,kneeling...I was VERY impressed at our last match when I was shooting with a guy in our group that called a head shot on a 550yd target from a standing position with a 14.6lbs 243AI and had a nose shot..chambered another round and had a chin shot before I could call the first shot during sight in.