Already started forming more 20 practical brass for next year's spring PD shooting. Got 1400 of them processed last weekend from once fired 223rem brass. Now to resize the 3,000 rounds we shot up this spring. My dad and I went into the field with nearly 1500 rounds each and we where out of ammo for the 20s by the beginning of the third day and we hit better then 85% first round hits, might have been higher, closer to 90%.

Got 32 lbs of Viht N-133 and more then 6,000 of the hornady 32 grain Z-Max to load, hoping this year to not run out of ammo :)

The 20 practical is an awesome round, at a half inch high at 100 we held on hair all the way to over 300yrds! Perfect for our PD shooting! When we ran out of 20 ammo we pulled out the 223rems and it just wasn't the same. My dad used to believe in and use nothing but his trusty 10-22 and 22lr ammo till he saw what I was doing to the PDs with my 20! I put a 20 practical together for him with a Shilen 26" 12 twist and he was hooked! He actually took his 10-22 out shooting the PDs after a couple days with the 20 and his comments where priceless! The 10-22 might be only a fun plinking gun now as the 20 is that AWESOME!

Yes, use CCI 450s for max loads and didn't have any problems with pierced or blown primers.

BT