Quote Originally Posted by DzNutz View Post
One observation I have made in this thread is that we do not know two things about your efforts (unless I am missing it in reading). What ammo are you using (hand-loads, factory, match, cheap, etc...) and how long are you waiting in between shots for proper barrel cool, etc...?

I realize that the base screws issue could very well have been the culprit, but I am curious as to why you have the front ring base screw at 30lbs and the rear ring base screw at 15lbs? For the ring base screws I torque mine to 30-35lbs both front and back. Also check to see if the ring screws themselves, not the base screws, are not loose or too tight. Most recommend something around 20 lbs of torque for those, but no more in most cases. Another issue may be over tightening one side and causing a warp in the scope tube. Hope to H@ll it is not that!!! Hope you figure it out, good luck!

***EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION*** - My comment about Base screws may be a misinterpretation of your comment about “action screws”. If you are referring to the screws that secure the scope rings to your base, this is my concern. If you are referring to the screws (which I think you are after reading further, sorry) that secure your stock to your action, then please ignore! I would still however check all the torque settings on all screws on the scope and base.
I set the base screws off of an article from boyds I found for the axis stock. But I soon found this to be too tight and it bound my bolt a bit so I backed both off both just enough to allow the bolt to freely slide. They are as tight as I'm comfortable going and not causing warping issues.

I was letting the blue lock tight set up but unfortunately had to leave the range without test firing due to my buddy getting a call and having to go home. Also had a gas block issue with my AR so it was one of those days. Planning on going out tomorrow and will post results with pictures. I'm using Fusion 150 grain ammo and grabbed a box of Winchester 7.62, 140 grain to see if that round works better. Need to also order some match grade. Plan on researching here to see what people are having the best results with before ordering. I'm shooting in groups of 3 and letting the barrel cool for at least ten minutes between groupings.

I'm also planning on bedding the stock in a few weeks.

As for the the scopes, one was a mid price Bushnell which obviously couldn't handle the recoil and a BSA Platinum Pt624x44TS. Vortex is an option but like the Muller scopes too. Borrowing an older Leupold 9x at the moment.