Quote Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
I can reload rifle ammo with standard cup and core bullets for about half the price of factory ammo and it is usually much more accurate. For plinking pistol ammo using lead bullets, I can load for about a third of the cost of factory. I do not count the cost of my equipment since I have had the bulk of it for over 30 years and it has long since paid for itself.
Exactly this ^

IF you shoot alot its cheaper to reload, just takes time. but if you enjoy it then its not really work right?

For cheap plinking ammo like a 223, i usually use an assembly line. Size 200-300 peices of brass one night, another night clean and prime pockets, then load them all another day. If you dont count your time on your reloading press as "money" its basiacally always cheaper and higher quality.

Bulk 223 cal bullets, say $ .15 a peice, $.10 of powder, $.025 primer, your lookin at 27 cents a round or $5.40 a box.

When you get to premium ammo the gap is even larger. i can load premium berger ammo for 243, 280, 30-06 ect about 13-14$ a box for hunting rifles which is cheaper than the cheapest hunting rounds and way higher quality