Quote Originally Posted by beta1759 View Post
@J. Baker

Leupold has a lifetime warranty, not a limited lifetime warranty on their optics. if they can't fix it, they will replace it with a new equivalent model for free..
So you're saying that if I deliberately smash my Leupold scope in my vise and send it back to Leupold they will send me a brand spanking new one? I don't think so Tim! Leupold's is a limited warranty just like everyone else offers and it's right there in black and white...

Leupold Golden Ring® Full Lifetime Guarantee

If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Leupold & Stevens, Inc. will repair, or if repair is not possible, either replace the product or refund the purchase price, whichever you prefer. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies. This warranty excludes electronic components, which are subject to the limited two-year warranty below.
See...limited to defects in materials or workmanship. Semantics - they'll get you every time!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Leupold hater by any means. I currently have two Leupold scopes, Leupold McKinley bino's, a Leupold range finder, and two Redfield (by Leupold) scopes.