BrentWin, thanks for that long comment. That is similar to how I have been working my loads up. Again, I understand that there is no "magic load" for any rifle. And I also understand that I am not going to find my "magic load" with 10 bullets. But what I was trying to get at was if 180 grain works well and I could get 10 190 gr bullets that shot even better I would then buy a box of 100 190 grainers and start working up a load. But if I get 10 190 grainers and they shoot all over the place then I would scrap them and stick with 180 grainers.

I do appreciate all the comments so far. On a side note, I have shot the .308 barrel until I was bored with it, I did what I wanted to do. So with the magic of Savage and the notorious barrel nut I have now changed the rifle to a 260 Rem. I wish I could have gotten a 6.5x47 Laupa but I am extremely happy with the 260 Rem. And it's a lot more fun working up a load for it cause even though the 308 is not bad to shoot the 260 Rem is a downright pleasure to shoot.