Quote Originally Posted by Broke_Okie_Ty View Post
22-250 is nice, but it can get expensive for ammo. I have 223, but I should have gone .243. Here's why; I effectively only have a coyote and smaller rifle. If I would have bought the .243 I could use it for smaller deer sized (black tails) game and down. I don't know where you live, but in the states (OR, WA, ID, CA) where I live, I have been calling for coyotes and had cats, and a bear come in. I would feel a little better with something with a little more umph to it.

I have the axis combo and it does fine as a yote/truck gun. I look at it this way, if you're going to be yanking stuff off anyway just get the cheapest you can. I would look at pawn shops. If you can find something you like, it might save you a couple hundred.

Which ever you chose just take it and run with it. Enjoy the process of shooting, researching, and learning!
I really only need to worry about coyotes and maybe a bobcat. There are a few mountain lions here in Iowa, but not many. We can't even hunt deer with rifles, and if I did go out of state on a deer hunt, I would use my .243 that I got from my grandpa. It is an old Belgium made Browning, and I am not affraid to shoot it, just don't want to shoot the barrel out because it looks like they run around $8-900 for a new one from Midway!