Thread: Swift or Hawke Optics Opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I recently purchased a 4-16x44 Hawke varmint model when the scope on my hunting rifle puked out. I live in a small town with limited retail choices, and didn't have time to shop and order exactly what I wanted. It was definitely a bit of a gamble, but for $175 out the door (demo model on clearance), and a lifetime replacement guarantee I figured I could always throw it on one of my smallbore rifles if I didn't like it. So far It's been great. Optics aren't quite on the level of a Vortex Viper or Nikon Monarch (I've used both, but am too cheap to put one on a sub $200 rifle), but it's definitely several notches above anything else I could touch for the price. I've been able to see my POI on paper targets out to 300 yd while sighting it in. Adjustments feel good and POI actually seems to track with the adjustment increments, and so far it's holding a zero very well on my 30-06. My only complaint is that I'm not a fan of putting a mil dot reticle on scopes with MOA adjustments. I'd really have preferred a reticle with MOA calibrated markings. But since Hawke has a free ballistic calculator program and phone app it's not as big a problem as I feared.
    Last edited by hal9000; 09-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.