A Stevens 200 action T&T, with a single shot plate glued in, and a SSS 2oz Evolution trigger would be the ticket. The only advantage to the target actions would be the dual port feed, but for the additional cost and weight, is it worth it?

There is several types of PPC, chamberings. There is the USA chambering that has a shorter, and a thicker neck, there is the Dave Kiff standard PPC witch most times is a 262 neck, this is what a lot of benchrest shooters are using, and there is the NB chambering which is 30 thousands longer, and the area where the neck, and shoulder join is slightly changed. Some people have 263 necks, and some have 261 necks. And I am sure there is a few other styles.

What you may want to do is buy a used benchrest barrel ,and have it re-chambered for a Savage. Many used barrels can be had for around $100 bucks, and a smith could chamber it for under $100. You would have 2 bills in it, but it would let you know if the PPC is for you. Something else to consider is you can always have it punched out to a 6br.
On Barrels, Shilen has several PPC reamers, something to remember is many barrel sellers do not. My thoughts are if you looking for a benchrest barrel buy a cut rifled, hand lapped premium barrel like a Krieger, Hart, Bartline or Brux. SSS can chamber you a Brux with the Kiff reamer in 262 neck. (This reamer has been put to use a few times, and it is a proven winner. )

On Dies, IMO Redding dies are not worth the money. I would just buy a Forester fl die set up with the micrometer seater. Wilson hand dies are good stuff, and you can find them used cheap. Hall of fame shooter Bob White might have some nice dies, used barrel ,and other stuff your looking for. He is one heck of a nice guy. http://www.benchrest.com/shooterscorner/