Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
SAME BOAT YOUR IN...

Just got these in...I had been searching for a quality pillar material to use on my rifle build...searched high and low...didnt want to use lamp rod as I am sending the stock out to Jeff at CDI to be inlet'd for DBM so I wanted aluminum to ease the load on his tooling, brass or bronze is lots harder than aluminum...last week I stumbled onto ERNIETHEGUNSMITH.COM I bought enough 1/2" OD x .252" ID x 4" and 3/8" OD x .252" ID x 4" rod stock to do 5-6 rifles for $19.85 shipped...pillar stock came today and it is QUALITY material...

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/c42_p1.html

that is really nice material! cheap too. thanks. im sure this is gonna look like a stupid question but what
does the head of your action screw rest on since its tubing theres no smaller diameter shoulder for the screw head to hit or is the i.d. of the tubing still small enough the bolt head rests on it? Also do you actually run this tubing down to where its flush with the outside of the stock on the front action screw or do you leave it recessed into the stock a little bit? thanks