Quote Originally Posted by BillPa View Post
If it was machined before or after the lug races were broached I don't know, but my best guess the bridge was cut flat using the "looks good" approach after a few shots of Jack Daniels.

If you look at the right side of the bridge the flat machined for bolt release clearance and the lug races you'll see they're parallel to each other and the best I can tell from your pic the races appear to be straight.

One other question, do the holes for the mount screws line up now? If the holes line up the best you can do, bed the the action to the mount otherwise hang it on the wall or sell it to someone you don't like.

Bill
As I mentioned in my original post, the back is at too great of an angle to even get the rear screws all the way in. Furthermore, the four holes do not line up with the barrel. I think the front two screws may be lined up close enough, which is why I asked it if could make sense to permanently bed the base, using screws only in the front. I don't know if that would be strong enough, and I'm not sure what products could be best for it.

It seems that there's a lack of consensus regarding whether the action is actually twisted, necessitating that I twist it back, or simply cut poorly, necessitating making the best of what's there. Could twisting the bridge level make things worse?