A friend of mine bought a new heavy barrel B Mag from Cabellas last week . Its a newer production gun according to the serial number verified by Savage . He has an older standard B Mag that struggles to shoot 1.5'' at 100 yards with 20 or 25 grain ammo . He has a stock pile of both flavors he bought up over the past year . None of the ammo is current production ammo . With a little over 100 rounds down the barrel on the new gun it's shooting 1.0'' groups with the older 20 grain ammo at 100 yards . Yesterday he said he was getting 1.25'' to 1.5'' groups with the 25 grain at 100 yards . I have read similar reports of recently purchased B Mags shooting good groups over on rimfire central . It sounds like Savage may have gotten their act together with the latest produced guns . My heavy barrel purchased in late May will do 1.5'' at best with 20 grain and struggles to shoot the 25 grain to a 2.0'' group . I got a box of new production 20 grain from my local gun shop last week and it does not shoot any better out of my gun than the old lots I have .