look for youtube videos. there's many different ways to skin this cat. no comprehensive instructions avail for Savage. Study all the videos you can and take from them what you can. The principals are what is important.

Here are some random tips I think are important and have gleaned from many sources and learned from experience.

I like Devcon 10110. Strong and good consistency. look for it online, can be found a lot cheaper than everywhere else. I don't remember where but look and you can find considerabley cheaper than everywhere else.
JB Weld isn't bad, but let it sit for quite a while so it thickens before applying. ( Let it get as thick as peanut butter first)

keep in mind the goal is to make a solid, stress-free mount for your action. If, when done, the screws do not turn freely and then suddenly stop, it's not stress-free. something is binding. recess a bit of the bedding all over and do it again. No point in "settling" with a less than perfect job. It gets easier each time. I have done maybe 15 rifles, and have redone most of them at least once before it has the perfect, stress-free results.

Do get longer versions of the action screws (carriage bolts from the hardware store) and cut the heads off and grind them a bit so the top of the now headless bolts are tapered a bit so you can screw them into the action and just use them as a guide when bedding. It is not a good idea to use the screws to draw it all together. Doing so puts pressure on the action and causes binding. Instead, use the longer guide screws and then press it into the stock and use electric tape wrapped around it all to hold it all together till it sets.

Best release agent is Brownell's Acra- Release. it's an aerosol that is easy to apply, covers well and releases perfectly. Applies like PAM spray, but Pam leaves a rough, gritty surface on the bedding. Everything else is difficult to tell if you miss a spot or remove too much... hard to explain, but trust me. Only issue is it is expensive if you only do one rifle.

Have a lot of q-tips handy and wd-40 for cleaning up seapage/overflow.

Plumbers Putty is best for damming and filling voids in action that you do not want the epoxy getting into.

threaded lamp rod is a cheap and effective source for pillars. Before relieving any stock material, get your pillars to the right height using the original stock as a height guide. Once you think they are both right, relieve the stock and then test the pillars for height by assembling and verifying all is level and stress-free.

there's more, but I can't remember it all... it's not all that hard to do, but doing it well is important, and I can't stress enough how important it is to be willing to back up and try again if it is not perfect the first time. It's worth it.

I am sure others than chime in with good advice.

Good luck