Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyMike
Stuff happens with any business. They made it right and that is the key to a happy customer, although everyone would prefer to not be the one that had to find out about the great customer services :)
Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyMike
If it continues to happen, the company will suffer at some point, as forums like these will expose the ones that seem to get it wrong more than right.
Very well put.

Steve, I get your point too but I think that most of us have had experiences where companies that were offering a uniform product (no customizing) got something wrong and didn't step up quite how we thought they should have. In this case, the barrel they sent me was different than my custom specs but I can assure you, it would have shot great. The reason I want them to short throat my barrels is so that I can get more barrel life as throat erosion starts to push the seating forward.

I haven't heard many (if any?) other cases of Pac-Nor sending anything other than well-built barrels out the door. The barrel I sent back was a thing of beauty, it just didn't quite meet my specs...and I got a fresh one within a few weeks.

I like to give credit where credit is due and I believe this example is worthy. Vortex Optics' commitment to their customer's satisfaction is also exceptional.