Quote Originally Posted by scooterf79 View Post
Thanks for the update and all the info. This cartridge seems to have the best of both worlds with accuracy and speed which I really like. I want to build something super accurate (for me anyway) but always love speed, especially for varmints. Your update on the other thread sounds like the accuracy is fantastic! .2s???? Thats awesome! Sounds as though this might be right with the 6-284 with speed isnt it?
Gotcha on it fitting a 308 box. The 700 I'll convert is just what I happen to have so thats why I wanted to make sure a short action cartridge.
I dont think ill go with the neck turn option, unless theres some advantage to it, but if I go that route Ill be in touch :)
As far as case length, did you need to trim any after sizing down?

Rooster, Ive read some good stuff on the 6mm ai and like it but...ya cant just say something like that without throwing some numbers out...lol so...whatcha getting?

Boots, thats pretty wicked fast....we are talking major red mist factor right? Something almost magical about 4000fps, even just seein it on the chrono.
3350fps with a 95gr VLD. I achieved those speeds with several different powders. Accuracy was outstanding. 1/2 MOA @ 100 thru 600.