Quote Originally Posted by Londerko View Post
Does anyone have any Big Game kills or any "real world" hunting experiences with the new Berger classic hunter bullets?
I have been playing arround with the CH 185's in my savage 110 300wm and they are are shooting very well (5 shot 1/2" @ 100yds if I do my part) and the B.C. difference between it and the 185 VLD is negligible (.547 vs .549). This is a hunting rifle, so being able to fit extra cartridges in the magazine is a huge plus. I'm thinking this could be an excellent medium to long range elk/mule deer bullet.
I don't really want to open a can of worms and get into the whole ( deep penetrating Barnes vs rapid expansion Berger) thing. I'm just curious if they perform as well as the very proven VLD on big game animals.
Thanks - Leo
Londerko,

i shot a whitetail doe at 469yds this past season with a 168gr CH out of my 300wm. You could just about put your fist in the exit hole. She dropped immediately. Can't say how they will react at shorter yardage but I was happy with what I experienced. One thing you might want to check is to make sure the hollow point is not clogged with lead. Berger recommended using a plain old staple and insert it to verify its not obstructed. You can also use the staple to clear the ones that are. I had exactly 20 out of a box of 100 that were obstructed.
hope this helps.