Thread: .222 Rem for model 16?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Salvo
    The .222 seems best for my intended application. - I'll be using the rifle as a range gun at 100 yards for informal target shooting. The .222 doesn't use much powder, the cases and barrels last a long time, and in a pinch I can make cases from once-fired .223 brass that is always laying around at the gun club.

.22 Hornet cases are too flimsy, and I do not hear about stellar accuracy from the 5.7x28. The neck is awfully short there. I considered .221 fireball, but decided to go with .222 Remington as I have a hundred rounds of .222 Rem factory ammo left over from a CZ 527 in .222 Rem that I briefly owned a few years ago, plus twenty rounds of once-fired brass.

There is also some historical and traditional satisfaction associated with shooting and loading the .222 Remington... I'm just sappy enough for that to influence my thinking.

My mill and lathe are in storage as I am in a new location and haven't built my shop yet, I'll have to depend on other people's work until I can get my ducks (bucks) lined up for a new building here.
    Last edited by Salvo; 07-13-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.