I just received my Axis HB in .243 Win yesterday. The rifle seems overall a very nice rifle. There are no glaring problems at all. I cleaned the rile and prepared to test fire it. I have mounted a Nikon 3X9 Pro-Staff on it using a Weaver one piece rail.

I will say this. I was and continue to be surprised by this rifle. The rifle is an absolute pleasure to shoot. Yes I was disappointed by the Axis trigger..but 20 minutes of work and I now have a non-creapin' trigger hat breaks at 2.5 pounds. I am breaking in the barrel right now and have only fired 20 rounds. My first 5 were used to getting the scope refined and aligned Weather conditions were at 91 degrees F with 64% humidity and a 2 mph breeze from the rifles 7 o'cock. The first string of 5 shots were in the 8" group at 100 yards. The next 5 narrowed down to about .672 and the final 5 have gathered very nicely into a .505 sized group. I attribute the shrinking groups to me getting used to the rifle and just getting a little more calm as the day wore on ( spaced the groups over 4 hours letting every thing cool down after each cleaning). If I was smart I would have taken pictures but I like he idea "forgetting" my phone at the house so I enjoy my day with no interruptions. I am headed back later today to continue with my lil "wee monsta" and I will try to get a few pics of the targets and the barrel taper with a micrometer. Oh I should point out hat I am using factory Federal Cartridge 100 gr rounds for this enterprise. Hand loads to follow.