Got one! Love it! ;D Looked on the Shilen site and didn't see the 6.8 SPC listed. Sent them a note and it took 2+ weeks to get a reply. (you snooze, you loose)
In the mean time I placed an order at Pac Nor, it showed 14 to 16 weeks for delivery. (no hurry on this end) Got it in 6 weeks! ;D
I ordered the SPC because it had the shorter throat and i wanted to be able to "jam" the bullets. The chamber can always be set deeper to the SPC II specs.
All mid range loads so far. (No Chrony work yet)
Sierra 90 gr. HP sets at the shoulder neck junction with the bullets jammed .010 into the lands.
Speer TNT 90s are half way in the neck.
Hornady 110gr. V Max are at the shoulder neck junction. I'am starting out with the lighter bullets.
Monday we hit 10 out of 10 at 440 yards. (and that was a rookie shooter that never fired a Bench type rifle or looked through a scope)
The first 3 shots out of the new barrel went into the same hole so I knew it really had potential. 5 shot groups are under 1" at 100 yards and that's with work up loads.
I happened to pick up a fired case at the range. I'de never seen one before. Liked the fact that it was smaller that the .308, (less recoil) and bigger than the .223 (more pep) so I built one.
Had a friend open up a .223 bolt head. (must have taken him all of 5 minutes)
I single feed so there's no ejector rod. It extracts real good with "no modifications" to the extractor.
Not too many "bolt guns" chambered in the 6.8 SPC so I had to go for it and see what it would do. Works like a champ!
CCI BR primers, SSA brass, AA 2230 powder, Sierra, Speer and Hornady bullets.
110 gr. is the heaviest bullet so far. The Sierra 90 gr, HP has a hole in it's tip big enough to brake a leg in but it's accurate. A "real" surprise to me.
No telling how much better it can get.