At this range session, I really wasn't interested is grouping. This was more to see if my speeds were in the ball park. Mostly checking primer condition.
Only the smallest bit of flat spotting was seen. Extraction was easy and brass looked perfect.
I usually DO indeed shoot for group while measuring velocity. With the huge capture area of the Skyscreens, it's easy.

So now that I'll probably stick with the 48.0/W760, with the low SD, I'll refine it a bit. I normally shot with the 6" shoot-n-c targets at 100 yards. I just put up a bunch of the 2" florescent stickers with the 1/2" black paster in the middle. Since I was shooting 5 groups, I just wanted to see the change of POI from one load to the next. Yep, I could have used five 6" targets, BUT, I make the 2" ones for a fraction of a penny apiece.

Couple of things I left out:
- COL = 2.640"
- jump to lands = .010"
- don't care it the ctgs fit the mag. I use a Poly Sled and load all my Savages this way.
- inexpensive (but very rigid front bipod), again, like all my rifles
- rear sand bag

Although the PA scope is nice for the $, my only complaint is that at 16X it doesn't seem to magnify like my other 16X scopes. More like 12X. I have a lot of spare scopes and may swap on something different......

ron