CAPTBEACH and foxx, You-do-it-yourself types can knock yourselves out; more power to you. Me, I'm in an apartment, and my lovely wife

is very understanding. But building a Savage on her grandmother's antique kitchen table just isn't going to happen, regardless of how easy

this project may be! Based on your input, I am going to send Savage a suggestion, describing how they can reduce the cost of their

products by over 50% (at least!!). They'll be able to severely undercut Remington, Ruger, Browning, et al. How? Simple, just don't build fully

assembled rifles anymore! Continue to offer every model currently catalogued in a "kit form". It will contain a stock, barrel, receiver, bolt

and trigger group. Also included will be a small plastic parts bag containing every single last pin, screw, spring, ball detent, washer, locknut,

spacer, etc. The entire rifle will come stripped down to each individual component. Savage can permanently layoff all of it's assembly floor

staff; this way the savings will get passed on to you, the shooter. The single, small included instruction sheet will state, "Some assembly

required; necessary tools for this are available at your nearest hardware retailer. For further assistance, refer to videos available on 'You

Tube'. Savage is not liable for any misinformation provided to you by this source. Thank you for purchasing a Savage product!" What would

the other manufacturers do in response to this move by Savage? Maybe all firearms in the future will be come this way!