Quote Originally Posted by Reeseman View Post
I have not had any problems with mine at all like that . Is the chamber clean ? Are any of the spent cases split or bulged ?

I have not shot more than 50 rounds with out pulling a snake through the bore . Been treating the little 17 like a center fire on the advise of the shop that I bought it from .

I have paced myself when at the range between 5 round groups not letting it get real hot . It does build heat compared to other rimfire ammo quickly .

I would give the chamber and barrel a good cleaning along with the bolt face .

I doubt heat was the main cause .
1. I did not have that problem when I used 25 grain ammo and I probably shot more than 30 times.
2. Yes, chamber is clean.
3. No split or bulged cases.
4. I never shoot any of my guns more than 50 times without pulling the snake and running a few patches through.
5. Maybe I should let it cool off between groups. It got as hot as one of my AK's does. Also it was a really hot and humid day.
6. After a day at the range, I thoroughly clean whatever gun I was using.
7. Heat was probably a contributor to the problem.
8. If I were using it to hunt varmints, I would not be shooting it all that much and probably not have a problem.
9. One other strange thing is that the hotter it got, the better the groups looked. Just the opposite of the results I read other people are getting.