Quote Originally Posted by Trey45
BOB, would you mind telling a little about that GSG AK? Reliability, accuracy, any negative issues at all? Ease of use, cleaning, teardown? About how much does it weigh? My son has been bugging the bejebers outta me for a semi auto 22 of his own, he digs my CMMG conversion I have for my Bushmaster, but he digs AK's even more, this might be the perfect fit for him, depending on how well they function.
To be honest with you, I haven't shot it yet since I got it in winter and there are no indoor ranges around here. It's finally warming up and I think a friend and I might be going shooting tomorrow. I'll let you know how it shoots. I got a whole bunch of ammo to try on it so we'll what it likes and what it hates.

Edit:
I got out to the range and put about 50 rounds through the AK today. I was very happy with its performance. No issues at all. It likes Federal 550 bulk ammo and CCI Velocitors. It was pretty dead on accurate out of the box and I didn't really have to adjust the sights. Rapid fire had no issues although I must say that that since I live in NY state, I only have 10 round clips so I don't know how well it would work with the 24 round clip. So far I haven't had any negative issues with it. I haven't really taken it down completely yet, just enough to clean out the barrel with a bore snake. The weight on the gun is not too bad, it's made of metal so it's not too light like my S&W M&P 15-22 but it's not too heavy either, probably around 6,5 pounds or so. All in all, a really fun weapon that costs nothing to shoot.