Quote Originally Posted by Bowers View Post
I have been looking into this stock my self for my 308, I have the factory sporter barrel. If i decide to get this and then buy a heavy varmint or bull barrel. How much trouble would it be to open it up to accomodate it, do i just get the one inch pipe/dowl and sand paper to open it up, would it still be stiff enough to hold the barrel without any give/flex. Also how much does this stock improve over the factory tubberware stock that i currently have, I really want the Bell and Carlson stock, just dont want to shell out that much for it. Would this stock with a nice pillar bed, and glass bed be worth it compared to the B&C. Thanks
This would be the perfect stock to use with a sporter barrel and then open up for a factory barrel later. I would just recommend coating the exposed wood parts with paint or something to prevent moisture from seeping in and causing issues with the laminate. There is plenty of material left after opening the channel.

I found it to be a major improvement over the factory tupperware. Additionally, it is a different shape altogether with much different ergonomics. If it will primarily be a hunting rifle that you'll be carrying a lot, I'd consider a more conventional style of stock. I bedded mine using acraglass with no pillars and it seemed to work out just fine. I shot a .74MOA six shot group the first try after bedding it and expect to see even tighter groups to come.