Thread: McGowan/Shilen SSS/CBI Barrel + B&CMedalist/Choats - 22" bull or 26" varmint?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I went to ACE this morning and got a screw that works for the front action screw. They didnt have the button head screws, so I had to settle with a socket head (cylindrical allen style) 1/4-28tpi x 1.25 . I actualy kinda like this style for the front screw. It seems to have more structural integrity and fits the hole in the B&C stock nicely. You still have to use the button head screws for the rear action screw because it has to fit under the bottom bolt release button.

The screw was a tad too long so I cut it down to size, filed the end smooth and then ran it through a die (which ACE also had).

The new screw uses a 3/16" hex bit which isnt included in my FAT wrench kit, so I went to Harbor Freight (where its guaranteed to work the first time, every time) and got a 100 piece bit set for 10 bucks.

I also had to drill a guide hole for the trigger guard "wood" screw.

I currently am using just the spring and follower as a floor plate and will hand feed. I would still like to figure out the "L" bracket to make my mag work as a blind mag.
    Last edited by TheHebs; 06-14-2014 at 01:42 AM.