I am 72 now and many years ago, to many to remember. I always thought Savage was not so much in demand by all the shooter I traveled with. It was Remington, Browning, and Weatherby if one could afford them. Well about a year ago I bought a 6BR Savage 1-12 twist F class, well I was totally misled, first outing after getting it sighted in where I wanted it I shot the smallest group I ever shot in my life, the only rifle I had that would even come close was my 40-X remington single shot 6MM remington. So nowdid I go and buy another Remington? No I went and bought another F class in 6-284. Not satisffied I am about to try my hand at rebarreling, not my F class but went and bought a savave action and am putting a 223AI 26" barrel on it, If I find it to be something I can do I will atempt bigger and better things. When I get this done if I get it right I will send it to Mr Russo to have a target stock made for it as this is something I won't tackle as I am a wood butcher. Getting to the point I am now a Savage addict and any future rifles or strikers will be Savage. Thanks for reading this old farts rambling on, if by chance to read this reply. God Bless you all. lou