Nice gun "as is". Up grading the stock is a little tricky with the TH. Unless you have one with detachable "bottom metal" (the frame surrounding the mag), you'll have to buy it from Savage directly before getting a new stock.

If you do, Boyds has nice wood laminates and solid walnuts for around $100. I've been real happy with the "Classic", and "Tacticool". Wish I had the "Prairie Hunter" as well.

Not sure if anyone has good composite stocks for them. Might try Sharp Shooter Supply or Northland Shooter Supply or Stockys.

Don't think you can get a larger mag for that style. What you have is a cheap, somewhat functional hunting DBM that really won't work with any larger mags.

As is, there's no real problems with the TH. With hand loads, you should be able to get 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 100 yds. Don't know about factory stuff, but any quality ammo should get you 1 inch or better.

Most people find Savage factory barrels shoot better after 5 fouling rounds. Lot of debate out there as to why, but in my book it doesn't matter. It just does. :)
They also seem to settle down a bit after 100 rounds or so are shot through them.

I am sure others will weigh-in as well.

Good luck, and welcome to the "Brotherhood."