I'm with you, I only had the two boxes of ammo that I was able to buy when I picd up the rifle (.25grn), and there was no problem at all with the ammo. As a matter of fact it looked great a discharged reliably. My issue was with at the apparent lack of attention Savage gave to the build. I own a number of Savage rifles, and have never know them to be anything but accurate and reliable out of the box. The stock they selected for the Bmag is pathetic, and replacing it with a 2X4 would likely be an improvement. But the issues, admittedly small, didn't end there. I can live with all of that, and the likelihood is that even if it came with a good stock, I probably would have changed it anyway. But the crown the barrel crown looks poor to me, and the head spacing was off too. I noticed an exceptionally heat coat of preservative in the barrel out of the box, and cleaning a .17 properly is a bit of a chore. I suspect that this factor alone might be the biggest issue for many shooters. If you don't get that crap out of there it's anybody's guess where that bullet will go. Now, again, WHAT UP WITH THEIR MANUFACTURING? When are we going to see any of this ammo? I've never felt this way before, but I'm ready to swear off of Savage and Winchester!