I disagree yobuck. Ive been using a chronograph for the past 30 yrs to give me correct speeds. No guess work. if my speeds that were derrived from my chronograph were to be inaccurate, then my hits from 100 out to 1200 would be inaccurate as well.
If my speeds are in question, then i proceed to use alternative chronos from all my shooting partners. 9/10 times, my chrono agrees with theres. (10 shot average)
As I mentioned earlier, shooting/reloading is so subjective. What works for one may not work for another. I can absolutely respect that. Always have..always will.
One of my addictions (that I confess to LOLOL) is that once Ive found my accurate/consistant load, I then proceed to do my diligence on ballistic calculations. (knowing my bullets speed thru "my" chronograph) A little math here and there, measuring temp/altitude/barometric pressure etc..... then go out and smack a 6"x8" plate @ 1K 1st shot. It may sound like Im totting my horn abit and if I am?.. I apologize... Im just trying to be honest and most importantly....factual.