Ok, I'm going to try and cypher this one out, if possible... Anyone out there have a suggestion/solution for obtaining one??? -that was question. Answer- Buy another rifle, send it back Savage, Have your GS order a new one. Option one, buy a new rifle, well yes and toss the one you put the bubba to in the bone box. Option two, send it back -- well duh! just man up and tell them your a duffus and need it fixed. Option three - let me see - the smith couldn't get one but your getting one for free... I smell something on my boot, gunsmith isn't a fool. He isn't touching this mess with any length pole. Now as for the "I'm done with this forum...you don't need me and I don't need you, and when I did need some information I got zilch." You wanted someone to sell you a part and keep quiet so it only looks like your a screw up with no actual evidence. And you are right about the not needing us or you, or I may put it this way, you jumped off one ship and thought the next one would see it your way... Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure but most boards have real gun enthusiasts on them who will tell you when your not up to par.. Ok, I'm stepping off my soap box now...