Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
Looks good Chris. Im curious as to your speed. Im running 41.5 of 4064 with the 175,s @ 2700fps.
The 4320 shows a slower burn rate so you may be running 2700-ish?
I had similar results with the 175,s on my K model and decided to use fire formed/neck sized brass and so far has brought my groupings in tighter with more consistancy ( 0.5 MOA).
(for me)..my rule of thumb before I start sending out to 1K is I have to have a 5 shot 1/2" pattern @ 100 (frequently)with whatever load Im working on. Being off by 1/2" @ 100 equates to be off by 5",s at 1K (wind dependant)
Course theres always that feeling of failure when youve spend so much time on load development and for the life of you, cant read and adjust to the wind at 1k to save your life.......................on the other hand.....its a super extra special day when you can lay your rig down, look thru your glass, read the flags/terrain/mirage, adjust accordingly.....send it, and hit your target 1st shot.
Go for it Chris!.......send-em out to 1K....see what gives.
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be chrono'ing the loads this weekend and will report back the results. This is all the commercial brass I have but I have about 500pcs of LC military brass, so next I think I'll try and load up some of the Hornady A-Max 178s using the LC brass. When you refer to fire formed/neck sized brass, does that mean you don't resize after firing? I'm new to reloading (this is my first batch) so I'm still learning the ropes.