Quote Originally Posted by rlott View Post
IMO you got a great deal - A really nice rifle with a really nice sight. I paid $550 for mine without the sight, then spent 5-months looking for one & paid $250 for it.

For what it's worth, you may want to re-think re-pointing and re-staining the stock. Maybe just a good cleaning with a soft toothbrush and a non-intrusive cleaner wax.

Thanks to Mad Dog for the clarification - I've always wondered what the difference was between the two sights.
Thanks again, I do think now that I got a smokin' deal!

About your comments that I underlined above... Yes, I am rethinking the whole "restore checkering/refinish" idea; I might just keep the older/vintage finish and patina "as is", maybe cleaning it up, as you say, and possibly rubbing some oil into the forearm to see if that helps the woods colors match better. But I've checked again, and both pieces of wood have the receiver's serial # clearly stamped.

By the way... Are you Roy B, aka "rbertalotto" from the Leverguns forum? As "rlott" and your interest in leverguns seems to suggest (to me) that you could be that guy.

Old No7