Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
I am thoroughly confused by what your point was Luke....LOL Now you say there's no need for "premium bullets"...your post started with how useless bonded bullets are in killing light/medium game. I've hunted in over a dozen states and a couple Canadian providences...I'd never invest thousands of dollars into a hunt and scrimp on ammo (saving 15-20 cents a round is hardly worth it). I get a kick out of people who insist on $1000 optics on a $1000 rifle but will hunt with Core-Lokt's to save a few pennies per round...which if you handload, that's all it is.

I've watched to many friends cry after losing an animal to a because they "saved money" with a "non-premium" bullet while packing a $3000 rifle with a $2000 scope....I hunt to fill a freezer and hate chasing/tracking animals...so I use premium bullets and haven't cried since.
By premium billets I mean bonded/all copper/heavy construction excetera. And bonded billets aren't useless, obviously it's a chunk of metal going fast
It will kill stuff, but try I tell convince me
That a swift Socorro double lung punch on a deer at 200 yards will die faster than a light constructed sierra game king at te same speed with same shot placement. A lighter constructed faster opening (ie cheap)
Bullet will kill a 150 lb deer faster. So in some scenarios more
Expensive
Bullets will not kill a deer any better and may actually do a
Worse
Job!!