Westcliffe01 that would be true if the scope was mounted with a ZERO MOA base, but it is not, I have a shimmed 20 MOA base under it, that by my math is building in 60 MOA before I start. And only then did I see it start printing on paper. I realize 8 inches is only 8 MOA, or 32 clicks on a 1/4 MOA scope, but I have bottomed the scope adjustment as well and still barely able to get on paper. The fact is sighting in a rifle is generally not rocket science, I've never had any issues sighting in any other rifle I own or have owned, no expert, not trying to be, but something here is way off and frustrating. To me any way, a rifle labeled LRP shouldn't require that much to get it zeroed at a 100 yrds -you'd never be able to shoot this rifle at 1000, there's not to many scope/base combinations made with the MOA required to shoot THIS rifle at 500 yrds, let alone 1000.
After a lot of searching, I did find a thread on another sight that included a similar rifle and a similar frustrating issue, ultimately Savage fixed it in stellar fashion, although the details were not disclosed, and I fully expect that they will either fix it or tell me I'm an idiot cause I did something wrong, but up until this point it's got me all buggered up. Had I only tried one base, one scope - I'd be sure that was the problem, but two different scopes off of known accurate rifles, and three different bases and I'm thinking there's an issue with the rifle.
I did have UPS pick it up-so now we will see, but I'm confident it will be remedied-I'm already looking at a Vortex Viper for it, and being my first run in with the accutrigger, I thought it was pretty sweet, also I'm kind of interested in the Hog Hunter-neat brush gun!