Westcliffe01 your math is spot on, with the first 20 MOA rest, and .040 in shims, plus the 20 or so MOA in the scope, I ended up about 8 inches low at 100 yrds-that's 88 MOA in my book. I use a wheeler scope install kit with levels to install all my scopes, the first attempt used leupold standard bases and super high rings ( No MOA built in) could not bore sight this combo with the colllimator. The closest I could get was the #8 grid with all of the available scope elevation - that translates to 32 inches low at 100 yrds! I did a test with another rifle I own that shoots 3 touching at 125 yrds, I put a target on my wall, 14 yards away from rifle, mounted it in a lead sled, bore sighted thru the bore and translated that to the Savage. This took a lot of elevation out of the scope, but ended up the same way - shooting way low, something in the barrel is causing the bullets to nose dive, it does not seem possible if you were looking at what I am either, I can't for the life of me justify it, it just makes no sense.