Quote Originally Posted by JackImpact View Post
Hey guys! I have a Primary Arms 4-14x44 MIL/MIL scope on my model 11 in 308. Was wondering if anyone had some graphs/charts or advice on learning mil/mil.

This type of shooting is new to me, having a hard time grasping the concept and adjustments when using this type of measurement.

As I understand it, 1/10mil at 100 yards is .36 moa or .36 inches. So If I am off to the left and down 1 inch, I need about 3 clicks up and 3 clicks right. Does that sound about right? This is at 100 yards of course.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

**bonus questions**

Whats a good ammo to buy to keep consistency when practicing and sighting in?

How do you make sure your reticle is centered, mine seems slightly canted left but looks like its level when not looking down it
Your on the right path. Mike Vegas gave you a pretty good chart to go by.
For me....................the biggest mistake I made was listening to mathematical instructers/teachers explain millridian (sp) to me. While its very informative, it basically strayed me away from the "common sense" use of the scope,s turrets.
Take Mike Vegas lead. Its easier than you think. Once you figure it out, you,ll see what I mean.
I preffer MOA scopes myself.
As far as ammo?.......Seeing as how your buying and not rolling your own, then Id suggest Federal Gold Medal Match with 168gr SMK.
Once you get your rig zero,d @ 100 and want to start tossing them out farther, Hornady has a Ballistic calculator that gives you your drop and amount of adj. needed in MOA or MIL.
FYI....dont go by the speed thats stated on the box of ammo. You,ll have to chrono whatever rds your using.