Quote Originally Posted by barrel-nut View Post
That's funny! I had the fuel additive joke up my sleeve but you beat me to it! Lol. The extra barrel length would be more for better balance than anything. I haven't researched the aftermarket scope mount thing. If you know of any let me know please. PM me if you don't want to further pollute this already "wandering" thread lol.
My hunter has 7.5" and I find it quite diifficult to balance freehand--you're going to be holding it way out in front with locked elbows. My 6.5 " regular super blackhawk I find balances much better--though I'm not sure if you're talking weight balance or muzzle-flip balance--which in the case of my 44 I never try to stop anyway.

You may have to do some searching for mount solutions and I can't thinl of one off the top of my head--though I think the 657 one of the most popular of the 41's--though for unfathomable reasons 41's in general are not all that popular (even though the 41 was in a way Elmer Keith's "perfected" 44 mag) I don't really know S&W's since Rugers are my thing in hand guns.