Quote Originally Posted by thermaler View Post
Most places I hunt rarely have a clear shooting lane of even 100 yds--and because I hunt very high pressure areas and like to go into deep and difficult areas (ignoring, of course, what I will do if I actually get something lol) the handgun made a lot of sense. Also reloading is FAR less expensive compared to rifle cartridges. I also like the funny looks I get at the range and the fact that nobody else ever shows up with 6 shooters and the semi-auto Glockheads are always busy spraying away at the 5 to 15 yd pits while I plug away at he 50. : )

Funny you mention the Striker--I looked around for em and couldn't find em--Ruger's website mentions them but no purchase details. Maybe the TC's have pretty much taken over the market.

Right now I've been looking long and hard at a Henry 45-70 gov lever action. It's kinda cool to feel like you're firing a piece of history.

Frank mentions OCD--I am a chronic case for sure. I just finished building a 6.8 spc carbine and am about to build a 264 lbc (more or less the same thing as a 6.5 Grendel). When the barrel on my Savage 111 6.5 284 flies south I'm gonna put a 260 on her. The projects never end nor does the reloading.
friend of mine owns a wheel gun in 45-70.........needless to say, he doesnt shoot it much. once youve given it a go, you realize why.